About Me

My photo
I'm an artist who can't choose a medium. My current weapon of choice is a black fine line art marker, which I use to doodle pretty little illustrations. I turn them into clip art that you can purchase in my Etsy shop for use in projects like web design and scrapbooking. I live with my husband and evil black cat in Chicago.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Orly Ignite & Essie Mint Candy Apple

Orly Ignite
Essie Mint Candy Apple
Today I painted my nails twice.  The miracle of quick dry top coat allows this, as well as a tiny paint brush and pure acetone to clean up my messy cuticles - not perfectly, as you can see by the photos, but well enough that they don't make me want to cry.  So I painted my nails with Orly's Ignite this morning, loved it, and went to the store this afternoon where I picked up a bottle of Essie's Mint Candy Apple and just had to try it. 

Orly's Ignite is a bright, warm red jelly polish.  It's a bit sheer on the nail.  It doesn't matter for me here because my nails are short, but if they were long you could see your nail line.  I did three coats here, but it looked fine at two. 

Essie's Mint Candy Apple has a watery formula, which I think is typical for Essie polishes.  It was very easy to flood my cuticles, but despite that it's a two coater.  The first coat goes on streaky, but full coverage is possible with two coats.  I love this color.  It was part of a winter collection, but it feels very spring-timey to me.  

I put some Set in Stones on my ring finger, because I will use any excuse to wear Set in Stones.  It looks lovely on pale colors like this - it reminds me of a speckled robin's egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment