About Me

My photo
I'm an artist who can't choose a medium. My current weapon of choice is a black fine line art marker, which I use to doodle pretty little illustrations. I turn them into clip art that you can purchase in my Etsy shop for use in projects like web design and scrapbooking. I live with my husband and evil black cat in Chicago.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Orly Androgynie

Yes, I really am painting my nails this often.

This polish is from Orly, and it's called Androgyine - a name I have to check on the bottle every time I type it.  It has fine gold glitter and larger multi-colored glitter suspended in black jelly.  I got a tiny bottle of this in my Christmas stocking last year, and I liked it so much I bought a bigger bottle.

Application here is three coats, with a layer of OPI RapiDry Top Coat.  It's like you're building depth, and it makes your nails very interesting to look at.  I find myself trying to peer into them, like I'm squinting up at the night sky, looking for more stars.

The glitter is not densely packed, and it is hard to get lots of the larger glitter onto your nails, because the glitter tends to sink to the bottom of the bottle, but I sorta like it this way.  It's not an in-your-face glitter bomb.  It's deep and mysterious.

I took the pic with my iPod and edited it in Snapseed.  I love that app.  Usually I am very much a Photoshop snob, but I just can't get enough of iphoneography and the filters.  It's making me love photography again, and I didn't think anything could do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment