About Me

My photo
I'm an artist who can't choose a medium. My current weapon of choice is a black fine line art marker, which I use to doodle pretty little illustrations. I turn them into clip art that you can purchase in my Etsy shop for use in projects like web design and scrapbooking. I live with my husband and evil black cat in Chicago.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Birthday Nails!

People will try to tell you that tomorrow is my 30th birthday, but they are lying liars who lie.  I'm turning 29.  Again.

In honor of the occasion I painted my nails again.  (There was a tiny chip on my left ring finger... that's a good enough reason, right?)

I used Essie's No More Film, which is a lovely dusky violet creme.  The formula is great - nearly a one coater.  I spiced things up with some of my favorite glitter polishes on my moons - Ulta's Indigo Go Girls and a dash of Essie's Set In Stones.  I love Set in Stones.  It's so bright and eye catching.  I can't stop looking at my nails whenever I wear it.

I also used some of Essie's Good to Go topcoat for the first time, and it is amazing.  My nails were dry to the touch almost immediately, and an hour later they'd set completely.  (We got pizza for dinner, and the box was being difficult and I got my nail pinched between cardboard, and I was SURE that my nail would be messed up, but it wasn't.  It was still perfect.  I couldn't believe it.)

I used Snapseed on my iPod to edit this photo, and can I just say how awesome that app is?  It's awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment