About Me

My photo
I'm an artist who can't choose a medium. My current weapon of choice is a black fine line art marker, which I use to doodle pretty little illustrations. I turn them into clip art that you can purchase in my Etsy shop for use in projects like web design and scrapbooking. I live with my husband and evil black cat in Chicago.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

WIP: Houndstooth Quilt

Houndstooth Quilt squares, WIP
Meet the squares that have taken over my life.  They look so innocent, don't they?  They're just tiny diagonal blocks, but I spent seven hours today making nine of those stacks, and I'm looking at another seven hours to make the rest of the diagonal blocks I need for my quilt.  On the plus side, they are damn fine looking squares.  I'm really excited about this quilt.  It's going to be gorgeous.  I got this really nice Kona cotton in espresso and cream, and I love the houndstooth pattern.  It's too big for a bag, but it will be perfect for a quilt.  I love houndstooth.

I am going to sell this on Etsy when I'm finished.  (*I will not keep this quilt.  I will not keep this quilt.  I will not keep this quilt.*)  Right now I'm estimating that it's going to cost somewhere in the $500 dollar range.  I will keep my blog updated as to my progress.

I'd love to be able to take custom quilt orders (maybe just one or two a month).  I think the houndstooth quilt would look amazing in unexpected colors.  Like aquamarine or raspberry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment