About Me

My photo
I'm an artist who can't choose a medium. My current weapon of choice is a black fine line art marker, which I use to doodle pretty little illustrations. I turn them into clip art that you can purchase in my Etsy shop for use in projects like web design and scrapbooking. I live with my husband and evil black cat in Chicago.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Reindeer Digital Stamp

Reindeer Digital Stamp, Colored Pencil
My friend Megan, who makes awesome crafty cards, said, "Hey Rachel, why don't you make digital stamps?"  And I put on my frowny face and said, "What's a digital stamp?"  She explained, and I said, "Hm.  Let's try that!"

So yesterday I decided that I needed to have a plan.  A plan that I would stick with and would make the daunting prospect of diving headfirst into a crafting area I'd never explored not so daunting.  So I cut up some paper into tiny squares and wrote down a prompt on each of them.  Every day I will reach into my prompt bucket and draw whatever it says.  Today my prompt was reindeer.

I love his expression.  Its like he's saying, "WOT?" but he's also excited about it, because his tiny tail is wagging.

I printed him out and colored him with standard Crayola colored pencils, because I figured people would want to see what he could look like colored in.  It's prettier than seeing the watermarked line art.

You can get your own Reindeer Digital Stamp from my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! He's so cute :) And he really does look like he's saying "WOT?" a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete