About Me

My photo
I'm an artist who can't choose a medium. My current weapon of choice is a black fine line art marker, which I use to doodle pretty little illustrations. I turn them into clip art that you can purchase in my Etsy shop for use in projects like web design and scrapbooking. I live with my husband and evil black cat in Chicago.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Harry Potter Ornaments

Harry Potter Ornaments

Today my project was to make Harry Potter themed ornaments.  As you can see I went all out.  (Not pictured is a Golden Snitch ornament, which is currently in the process of wing attachment via craft glue.  It's taking it's sweet time to dry.) 

The Gryffindor Crest has a raised lion on a crimson backdrop, surrounded by a fuzzy golden glow.

The Sorting Hat turned out awesome, though it's hard to tell in the photograph.  It looks like it's laughing!  And the patches add a sweet sort of charm to it.

The Lightning Bolt is simple, but I like it.  That is a lightning bolt with attitude.

Hedwig is my favorite.  I've made owls in this style in the past (remember my wedding cake toppers?), and I think it works really well here.

These were all made with polymer clay (Sculpey III), stuffed with aluminum foil when necessary, and the metal loops are made from parts of paper clips.

I'm going to sell these as a set on Etsy.  When I figure out how it works, and how to post things for sale, and what the heck I should charge, I'll put a link up.

No comments:

Post a Comment