About Me

My photo
I'm an artist who can't choose a medium. My current weapon of choice is a black fine line art marker, which I use to doodle pretty little illustrations. I turn them into clip art that you can purchase in my Etsy shop for use in projects like web design and scrapbooking. I live with my husband and evil black cat in Chicago.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Steampunk Air Ship Mechanic Sketch

Steampunk Air Ship Mechanic
I doodled this on my iPad last night.  (The iPad is the best sketchbook ever).  I'm going to make a manly steampunk pin-up.  There just aren't enough pin-ups of hot guys in the world.

This guy is the mechanic for a steam powered air ship, hence the giant wrench and goggles.  He'll need more hardware to look steampunk-y, and maybe a shirt.  Or maybe just suspenders.  I'm undecided.

No, no shirt.  Pin-ups of the girly variety are all about the legs, so when it's a guy I think it's probably all about the arms/chest.  Though, look at this guys thighs!  They're huge!

The background of this, I'm thinking, is going to be a pain.  I want a sort of docking station of air ships in the background.  I'm still trying to figure out what it would look like. 

Oh, fi sci.  I do love you so, though you make me bend my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment