About Me

My photo
I'm an artist who can't choose a medium. My current weapon of choice is a black fine line art marker, which I use to doodle pretty little illustrations. I turn them into clip art that you can purchase in my Etsy shop for use in projects like web design and scrapbooking. I live with my husband and evil black cat in Chicago.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oneword.com Drabble

I found www.oneword.com yesterday, and signed up, because it seems like a good time and a good little writing exercise.  There's a one word prompt every day, and you get sixty seconds ('oh, my god! The clock is ticking!') to write about that word.  Today the word was 'loft'.
The loft was a wide open space, light filtered through milky glass windows, and Arthur stood at the heart of it, hands on hips, scowling.
“Hi,” Merlin said. 
"You're late," Arthur replied.
It's a tiny Merlin/Arthur reincarnation!fic drabble!  I like this method of writing.  It's mad.  The thought process is like, "Gah!  'Loft?'  What do I--  Shit.  Clock is ticking.  Oh, this sucks-- Shut up.  Okay...  Hm.  All right.  That's not... that didn't come out as terrible as I thought it was going to be."  It's fun.  More, please!

Okay, seriously now, Rachel, that's enough procrastinating.  You've got massive amounts of work to do for your Travel Fair piece, and you are Running. Out. Of. Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment