About Me

My photo
I'm an artist who can't choose a medium. My current weapon of choice is a black fine line art marker, which I use to doodle pretty little illustrations. I turn them into clip art that you can purchase in my Etsy shop for use in projects like web design and scrapbooking. I live with my husband and evil black cat in Chicago.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chicken Alfredo with Mushrooms & Grape Tomatoes

Today I made alfredo pasta with chicken, mushrooms, and grape tomatoes.  I've made it once before, and I think it tasted better the first time.  Not enough butter when I sauteed the mushrooms and tomatoes?  Maybe.  But hey, I made dinner like a good little housewife, so go me.

You'll need:
  • 1 lb-ish boneless white meat chicken (I used chicken tenderloins, because they're cheaper than breasts, and I was going to dice them anyway.)
  • box of pasta in your choice of shape (I used medium sized shells this time, but previously I used the bow tie stuff)
  • a jar of alfredo sauce (might want 2 for next time.  There wasn't a lot of sauce.  Maybe I shouldn't have used the whole box of pasta?)
  • package of your standard white mushrooms
  • 10 grape tomatoes (or more, depending on preference, but I wouldn't go overboard)
  • 1/2 stick of butter (the real stuff)
  • salt
  • pepper
Cook your chicken at 375* for 25 minutes.  I top mine off with salt and pepper, and dot with pats of butter.  Then at 10 minute intervals I take it out to brush the top of the chicken with the melted butter.  It keeps the chicken from drying out, even if I overcook.

Cut up your mushrooms in slices, and quarter or slice your tomatoes, throw them in a frying pan with some EVOO and some butter.  Med to low heat, and cook until the mushrooms have lost all their raw mushroom-y-ness.  Stir often.

Make your pasta.  Don't forget to salt your water.

When chicken is done, dice into bite sized pieces.  By this time your pasta and mushroom/tomatoes will be done too.  Put all finished ingredients into serving bowl.  Add alfredo sauce.  Stir until co-mingled.  Or if you don't want to casserole it, top your chicken with pasta mixed with alfredo, and then top that with the mushroom/tomato mixture.  It's prettier that way, but is more of a pain when it comes time for heating up leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment