About Me

My photo
I'm an artist who can't choose a medium. My current weapon of choice is a black fine line art marker, which I use to doodle pretty little illustrations. I turn them into clip art that you can purchase in my Etsy shop for use in projects like web design and scrapbooking. I live with my husband and evil black cat in Chicago.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Patchwork Things

Patchwork coasters, pin cushion & sewing machine mat
What I really wanted to do today was make a fantastic handbag, but my muse said, "Reply hazy, try again later."  So instead I spent several hours looking at pretty pictures on design blogs.  I saw some patchwork coasters, and thought I'd make one - which turned into three.  Which turned into making a new pincushion, and a new sewing machine mat (my old one was ugly).  I also made a little pin book for my sewing machine needles, but I used bias tape for the edges, and I still suck at that, so it's a mess and not fit for your precious eyes.  (Bias tape is my nemesis.  I have watched the tutorials, I have tried all the tricks, and every time it turns out awful.  It's why my Hullaballoo quilt is sitting around unfinished - because the next step is bias tape.  Boo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment