About Me

My photo
I'm an artist who can't choose a medium. My current weapon of choice is a black fine line art marker, which I use to doodle pretty little illustrations. I turn them into clip art that you can purchase in my Etsy shop for use in projects like web design and scrapbooking. I live with my husband and evil black cat in Chicago.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Red Telephone Box Wristlet - WIP

It's the middle of summer and July has been painfully slow, but instead of freaking out I've decided to use the down time to design some shiny new stuff!

I've got a notebook where I sketch out ideas for new bags, and while I keep putting stuff in it I haven't been creating anything out of it.  Well, that trend broke today.  I started today with this baby, which I'm going to call Red Telephone Box Wristlet.


I had already roughly worked out the dimensions, so I futzed with them some more and made a prototype.  The scale on my first attempt was all wrong, but the second time out I think I got things mostly how I want them.  I made a stamp for the 'telephone' text, but I only used an ink pad to save time and decided to fill it in with black fabric paint afterwards to get a feel for how a real one would look.  I think I'll have to make a stamp for the crown as well.  I painted that one by hand and it shows.

The next version of this will be so much prettier.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment